• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed Hawk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed Hawk

Anyone have any good or bad stories about Seed Hawk airdrills. Maybe trading my 60 ft. JD 1820 off on one. Are Conservapacs or any others as accurate for seed placement.

Have a conservapac for years now, love it. It is the original, others are copies, hence the lawsuit that conservapac lost. John deere took over conservapac now- not sure what will happen to the price for parts or if we will be able to get used parts anymore. I'm sure seedmaster, conservapac and seedhawk are the same for seed placement, or so close no one would notice.

Comment

How is the maintenance on these drills and do they have trade in value?

Comment

The seedmaster and seed hawk are good drills, but the length of the shanks are quite a bit longer than the ones on the conserva-pak. This makes a difference when it comes to turning and the amount of side draft that is encountered. My father-in-law has a seedmaster and has found that turning right is about the only option for keeping the seed rows some what spaced out. Conserva-pak's are good for the fact that if you get into a little bit of mud, you can lift the drill out of the ground just a little vs. the seedmaster/seed hawk where you have it all in the ground or all out of the ground. In a seedmaster/seed hawk comparison, the seedmaster has a few inprovments starting with having a machined slot on the fert. trip vs. the chain on the seed hawk(which eventually stretches and changes length). As a ending note, don't waste you money on the smart hitch on any spacing smaller than 12 inches.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...