• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

903 Cummins injectors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

903 Cummins injectors

The 903 in my 950 Versatile runs very rough until fully warmed up. Could this be faulty injectors? or? Are the injectors hard to remove & replace?

TIA........Orm

The injectors on the truck I drive (DT466) and on my tractor (JD 4020) are very similar in style. Both can easily removed by taking off the pressure and return lines. Also a bolt and clamp arm. My JD dealer had a special tool to put on the new seals when you return the injector to the head. Anyway once you have the injectors out an easy job take the to a cummins dealer and they will test their crack pressure and spray pattern. All they do is adapt the injector line to a bottle jack like machine and pump it and watch a guage to see the pressure the injector fires at. This likely is the problem with your tractor (faulty injectors) I have been told they should be done every 3000 hours or so for good fuel economy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...