• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

autosteer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autosteer

I'm thinking of getting an autosteer system. Last year I used an outback lightbar for spraying, seemed to work good when spraying at night. I would like the autosteer system to be easily transferable between the sprayer and the tractor, as well as be able to put on the swather and combine. Outback has a hydraulic add on that you have to install on each piece of equipment for autosteer, while trimble just uses a bracket?? (if I understand correctly) Has anyone had any problems with either system?? It sure seems to me if trimble system works, it would be the way to go if you want autosteer for 4 different pieces of equipment. Any comments?

Run both, exactly like you said the EZ-Steer is very quick to move around. It doesn't take more than 15 minutes to switch from Spayer to Tractor. The only beef with the Trimble is that in some pieces of equipment it can be a little clumsy as it mounts to all steering wheels. The Outback works great also but you have to spend $500.00 for every piece of equipment you want to switch it to. Hope this helps.

Comment

Is there any difference in accuracy between outback(hydraulic) and trimble(steering wheel)?

Does one work better than the other or are they pretty much the same?

I also have an outback lightbar and am thinking about getting an ez-steer.

Comment

Hate to stray from thread topic, but... do you guys know if the steering component qualifies for EFP money or just the guidance part? Also, does location (I'm in SW Ab.) matter on quality of signal?

Comment

I do believe the Outback might be a little more accurate, but I've never had a problem with the EZ-Steer. The only thing with the Trimble is you have to change the foam on the end of the guide now and then. I sprayed 15000 acres before the foam was shot. It changes in seconds.

Comment

thankyou for your responses!!

Comment

Has anyone tried the generic autosteer from John Deere? This is the one that fits below the steering wheel and is around the steering column, leaving the steering wheel free from the little wheel that some manufacturers have.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...