• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Foil Chaffers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Foil Chaffers

I am currently running a TR97 combine with a Peterson Chaffer. I previously ran a conventional combine with a rigid air foil. This was an improvment over the standard chaffer on that machine. Has anyone out there made the switch from a Peterson to a rigid air foil on a TR or any other machine? If so what were the results?

are you dissatisfied with the peterson?? If so whats happening and what dont you like??

Comment

My sample has too much chaff. Increasing the fan speed leads to an excessive amount of clean grain in the return. The only solution seems to be to open the bottom sieve to allow the air to flow through and then adjust the peterson chaffer to clean up the sample. I know this is backwards but when you're desparate you try different things. This setting then becomes very
      difficult as one notch on the lever can make a tremendous difference in the amount of grain loss over the sieves.
      The rigid air foil has louvers that direct the air flow in an almost vertical direction. I'm wondering whether or not this would aid in seperating the chaff near the beginnning of the chaffer and thus float it out the back end. Anyone else have questions or suggestions?

Comment

The most important part factor with air foil chaffers is an even supply of air. Closing the clean grain sieve up to produce the sample on desires causes problems on CIH rotaries and JD 20 to 9600 series. The solution sounds some what drastic but is really quite simple. Get more air up to the top sieve, by either removing or opening some of the front sections(3-6) of the bottom seive. This will not effect the sample as in most combines the clean grain seive is positioned ahead of the top seive and can not land on the front portion of that seive. This will give an air foil proper air pressure to work increasing capacity and far less grain in the return elevator.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...