• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at Heavy Harrows

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at Heavy Harrows

I am looking to hopefully buy a set of heavy harrows and am looking for recomodations as to makes to look at or not to look at. I would like something fully hyd. but cost may steer me other wise. an ideas on this please Thank you p.s. I have 300 hp so looking at 50 or 60 ft. Gary Elkridge Farms Eaglesham Alta.

If your looking for a heavy harrow there is only one manufacturer DEGELMAN. If you are looking for a rake then Brandt, Flexi coil, Highline or Bourgault should do a fine job of making some really neat piles for you

Comment

we used a bourgault 60' this spring. it did an excellent job of breaking up straw and ripping up pre-harvest tracks. pulled it with a 75c Cat and could have had more power(325). pulled between 9-10mph. very nice adjustments. After seeing the weed growth from stirring the ground in the spring we decided to spend more money on a better straw chopper and spreader.we hope to just pre-burn and seed.

Comment

We looked at all the heavey harrows about 2 years ago and ended up with a Riteway. They have a superior transport system and heavy pins and arms.The spring system for the gangs was less prone to leaving piles. Cost was also reasonable.Our second choice was the Degelman, it was also well constructed but seemed more susceptible to leaving piles, again I think the spring system was a key part here. Have a look anyway.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...