• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mud buildup on cutter bar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mud buildup on cutter bar

I a real problem with mud buildup on the cutter bar of both the disc bine and hay bine on new crop hay. One person recomended poly. Does anyone else have any other ideas or suggestions, or know how well poly works?

at agritrade One option suggested by Murray Green AAFRD... raise the cutter bar by lowering the skid shoes. likely cutting the hay a little taller will help in regrowth if problem persists a skid cover under cutter bar will help (similar to a flex header)

Comment

Before investing in any attachments, I would check to insure you are getting the correct RPM on your PTO at your working speeds. Always be sure your knives are sharp (don't resharpen knives! replace dull or damaged knives with new ones.) Next I would suggest it may be your speed is to high for the crop conditions and you are therefore tearing your plants out of the ground instead of cutting cleanly. Hope one of these suggestions help.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...