• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

860 MF in canola?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

860 MF in canola?

Does anybody have settings for an 860 in canola? I just rented a machine but cant get the fan low enough (book says 600 rpm, belt is slack and still at 670 rpm). The triple seive confuses me as well, there are 5 different settings, where do I start to clean up my sample? I have heard that the airfoil is way better, is this better or just easier to set?
    Thanks for any information

I would really question that setting for fan speed. Seems way too low. Canola needs a lot of air to keep the crap off the sieves. I have never ran a MF, but that setting seems too low.

Comment

Hi Ron try this, drop the back of concave to half to 3/4 of a inch. Open front to number 7 or 8 or even more depending how dry the straw is . My concern is that you might be over threshing.Run cylinder anywhere from 550-650 check for cracking and adjust speed.Makesure you are on low speed at your gear box. Place your windboard setting on 6 or as low as the lever will go so the wind is blowing to the front part of sieve.Using a shaft speed indicator the shaft speed on the fanning mill should be about 625 if I remember right, open the very front part of top sieve 5/8 inch and second part of sieve slightly less say around 1/2 in. Middle sieve 1/4 or just slightly less, front of bottom sieve at 1/8 to 1/16 and your return part of sieve at around 1/2 to 5/8 . We ran two 860's for years until last year with good clean sample hope this helps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...