• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keer sheer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keer sheer

where do I tie in to the hydralic circuit on a versatile 4400? the instuctions recommend the reel drive but does it have enough flow for two sheers and the reel motor? do I tie in-line before or after the reel drive? thanks for any info

If the instructions recommend the reel drive circuit, then that is what I would use. You would add the shears into the reel drive circuit in series, that is the oil would all flow first through one motor, then the second and then the third. As such, there would be no reduction in oil flow to the reel drive. As to whether there is enough pressure for the job, I expect that the shears would not take very much power, and would therefore not be too much load on the reel drive circuit.

As to whether to tie in before or after the reel motor, follow the manufacturers recommendation if they offer one. If not, I usually favor placing the lighter loads downstream of the larger loads, which means having the oil flow first through the reel drive, and then one of the shears, and then through the other.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Neil, I bought these at an auction so I had partial instructions and wanted to be sure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...