• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD Model M

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD Model M

Has anyone got any great ideas on how to free up a stuck engine. I removed the head & pan, conn rod bearings & put a wooden block up the bottom & lifted with a hyd jack. After one day with the front axle off the ground I think I need a new approach. Ideas???

WD 40? I wonder if anyone has ever tried Coke (Pepsi)? I would gather by the jack that you would have much to loss trying.

Good luck........

Comment

http://www.retiredtractors.com/Q/Stuck.html

Comment

Thanks for the link Woolybear I'll try it out. I know on JD 'D's a chain through the flywheel and around the front axle tightened with a boomer wooks great. I'll see of a can hook up the the M flywheel somewhere. TKS

Comment

A large block that fits the bore and a big hammer is probably the most harsh impact you can give to get it moving and the if the wooden block fits flat on the piston it is unlikley to cause damage.

Comment

There does'nt seem to be anythere I can hook on to the flywheel. If I am going to pound down on one of the cylinders I would likely need the crankshaft out...correct? I was hoping to leave the block connected with the tractor. Given I'm new at this I was hoping not to split the tractor. Replys Thanks

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...