• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid-Row Banding - Bourgault / Flexi-Coil

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid-Row Banding - Bourgault / Flexi-Coil

Just wondering about anyones' past experiences with the new mid-row banders. They seem to make alot of sense if you're using high fertilizer rates. Less horsepower requirements but alot more maintenance I'm assuming! Any yield benefits or germination emergence differences? Thanks for any input!

I just today put on new knives,coulters and a few sc****rs on my 32 ft. Bourgeault cult.. I believe there was around 7500 acres on them and the cost for parts were around 3500.00. I feel this wasn't too bad worked out per acre. That was my first go-around replacing and I learned a few lessons as to what to pay attention to as coulters wear down. I really am happy overall with the results in crop as you can put on basically any amount of N. with a separation of 4 inches from band to seedbed. These were the first coulter series made and it looks like the new ones would be much better.

Comment

Sorry; you can take out 48 carbine tipped knives at 45.00 per so the cost of overhauling wasn't that big of factor I don't feel.

Comment

Try $54 for those carbide tip openers
        as I bought a set this year.

Comment

I bought last fall at last years prices.

Comment

You got me there...

Comment

Hello Jlenz,

I use a Flexicoil 40', double shoot with front stealth and rear 3" spreaders since 2001. See also http://www.klempnauer.ab.ca/Mintill-eng.html

For grain, I have abblied up to 300 lbs/acre od fertilizer, max. 90 lbs N. No negative effects, just good yields.

For pulses, I switch to single shoot, use the front stealth opener to 1.5 -2" debth. I love the unit and do about 1500 - 2000 acres season. Have some older openers that are worn on the side, when wet, I have sometimes wet soil pushing into the outlet and pluging the run. We will need to weld stainless metal on or buy new booth. Great drill and would never buy a single shoot unit.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...