• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spra-Coup Sprayers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spra-Coup Sprayers

I am looking for thoughts on the high clearance models that they have to offer; especially I believe the 4640 model. I know you can get them a lot cheaper than the big boys and at this time is all my budget can afford.

I own a 3640 spraycoupe and it is an excellent machine. The pros of it are the manual transmission and the simple mechanical rear wheel drive (has lots of traction and power in hills and soft ground). It has lots of power and torque, and is quite easy to drive.
    The cons of the machine are that the water tank is quite small, so you find that you either have to fill quite often or you are using less water per acre than the big boys. The cab is quite small on a spraycoupe and very noisy. If you have flat land and can run in 5th gear throttled back it is much quieter than 4th gear maximum engine speed.
    All in all a nice machine that costs very little to run as it gets older. A used bigger sp sprayer with lots of hours will cost about the same to buy as a new 4640 spraycoupe, but the cost of redoing hydrostatic pumps and motors and wheel planetaries is extremely expensive. The only other comparision in my mind is the apache plus. It is also a simple design and has lots of power (do not buy any apache with less than 175 hp). I think that a used apache plus with a bigger tank and not many hours would be as good a decision as buying a new 4640 spraycoupe. If you are looking at a used 4640 coupe there is nothing in its price range that is as good a value for your money.

Comment

Boy did you answer all my questions!! I have a neighbor who has an Apache that he thinks will keep another year maybe two. I've checked it out and I would be more than happy with that. It would still be quite a bit more money I think than say a 98'4640. Like you said repairs on the fancier ones could really hurt. Thank you so much for your advice!

Comment

I am on my second 4640 and it has been a very good machine. We wanted the extra 100 gallons over the 3640 and that was a good decision. The only concern on the Apache is suspension. I heard comments that the early ones were very rough riding in the field.

Comment

I'm on my third coupe. First one was a 1985 3
          wheeler, with the electric boomlifts.
          Then I bought a 97 fourwheeler with hyd lifts. Only
          problem couldn't get decent crop dividers for the
          front and had a lower frame. Not too good for
          desicatting.
          This spring I got a used 3640 ESP. Alot more power,
          better ride and alot more clearance. Now I have a
          300 gal tank, stead of 200, at 5 US gals I can now
          do 60 acres to a fill.
          With the 4640, you will have a 400 gal tank.

The best thing with spraycoupes, you don't need a
          trailer to haul them around. Just tow them behind
          your water truck.
          dale

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...