• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS systems

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again, can you use the trimple for yield monitoring, field record keeping, gps, etc? have tried it and was not impressed. Have not lost the signal for my GreenStar once. Guess I am alone.

Cheers

Comment

Hi! I'm wondering where people mount their receiver for an articulated tractor. Some say over pivot, some over front axle. anyone tried both and found out what works best?

Comment

Mounting your GPS receiver on a articulated tractor. We found out this year that you need to mount your receiver on the front of the cab. In fact on trimble's auto steer they have a cab roof mount bracket that in fact moves the receiver out in front of the cab. We found out with the ez steer that if your receiver is on the back of the cab roof it will not work.

Comment

In reply to pulseman, you said do your research before buying, if you don't know what the trimble does I guess you didn't do your research. As to position of the receiver: with EZ-Steer on an articulated it is recommended over the front axle as this is the only point that does not swing. If you are just using light bar guidance, front of cab or the nose of the tractor works well. If you are using an Accutrak autosteer put it on the nose of the tractor.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...