• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

conservapac

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

conservapac

I just bought a conservapac seeder. I am using my old airtank, wich has a starter fertilizer option that puts about 25% of total fertilizer rate with the seed. The conservapack has 1/2" knifes, 12 inch centers, about 3/4" vertical spread from main fertilizer to seed. My old seeder had 7" row spacing on 14" centers (wide shovels) wich would allow for some seed, fertilizer spread. Should I put down the starter fertilizer with my seed with the conservapak? Or will I just end up burning up the seed? Also, how much should I go up on the seed rate with this new 12 inch spacing? I am going to be using anhydrous as well, so the fertilizer will be mostly KPS

Sounds to me like you got rid of a seedovator,so you probably traded off a better seeder than you now have.

Comment

send me your email addy...i know one of the guys that designed the conserva pac...and am sure he can answer any questions you have...dee62962@excite.com ....the rainmaker

Comment

I waited so long for a reply davew, and when it finally came, no constructive input!! Thats O.K, used victory then seedovator for a long time, treated me very well, just that it isn't actually no-till. I figured I'd try no-till this year. Your response is no suprise, the people I've talked to about conservapac either hate them or love them.

Comment

We have been using a conservapac since 96 and love it! We have had no fert burn..You can addjust the distance between the fert and the seed easily. Great Machine!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...