• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1951 Mercury M-1 Pickup

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1951 Mercury M-1 Pickup

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes . . . . recently found my Dad's first pickup, a '51 Merc M-1. It's in rough but solid shape. I'd like to restore it to original. Any suggestions on where I can get some help with how to go about it and hints for success?

George Moir antique auto parts in Stony Plain Alberta has or can get almost everything you need. (780) 963-7334 Fax (780)963-6187 he has a good catalog so it is easy to figure out what you need. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, mctom. I'm so looking forward to this project.

I'm awfully tempted to faithfully restore it but add a few horsepower improvements to the engine. The great granddaddy of flathead power, Offenhauser, still makes performance parts for those engines.

Comment

Melvill am hoping to take my `53 Dodge truck to Preston @ Paint Tech @403-664-2005 in New Brigden,just up the road from Cereal.I hereby challenge you to a completed truck as your "centennial" project.The loser buys a round for the house at the "Mac"(????).It`s been years since I`ve been there.Couldn`t remember the hotel name then either!!

Comment

Happy New Year Cropduster.

For as many years as I can remember, the hotel in Cereal was called the "Mac Hotel". (I don't remember what it is called now.) There are two things that I remember about that hotel in the "old" days. 1) the 'Ladies and Gents' sign on the south entrance to the pub and 2) the gorgeous white over navy 1960 Pontiac (Parisienne, I think) four-door hardtop that the owner always parked on the north side of the hotel.

Fixing up the truck sounds like a great centennial project. Our '51 is in pretty tough shape - the owner's kids caused quite a bit of damage after the family stopped using it.

One more thing cropduster, please send me your e-mail address to lee.melvill@gov.ab.ca. I would like to talk to you about some things we talked about in Calgary.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...