• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1150 versatile

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 versatile

Anyone have any experience with these? The only negative I've heard so far is the possibility of a weak clutch. True or false? Any tips of what to watch for would be appreciated.

Finally.... Now we're looking forward to hauling in that first load.

What a long painful process this has been. Note that the Feds haven't put in one red cent, regardless of all the bragging about helping set up new capacity.

Comment

Post: Maybe we should suggest that they put a tax of $100.00 on every 4x4 truck sold west of Thunderbay for one year and all funds go directly to building costs, with all the wanna be's and official cowboys out there it could be a state of the art slaughterhouse for each province. LOL

Comment

Neighbor has one of these tractors and has been using it as long as I can remember.The thing just goes and goes and goes.The only thing that I know of that he had to do to it was put a tranny in it and that could have been his own fault.

The 1150 is alot of horsepower for the money.We run smaller versatiles and and can't justify running anything else.

If you're interested in an 1156 I know where there was one for sale.If you want I could check to see if it is still there.

Comment

yeah, i've heard of clutch problems with the 1150. if i can remember the situation right it was around 5000 hours. the first sign is grinding while putting it into gear.... major grinding!

Comment

Not too sure about the 1150's, but I know you could get a power shift in the 1156's. This eliminates your clutching. Suppose to be much better but hard to find. By the way how did your baler work for you this year.

Comment

Thanks. They'd given me a new baler at the end of the season last year so hadn't tried it then. Was in the shop twice over winter for updates before it ever spun a bale. Worked great, a couple of minor glitches in adjustment on the tying. Other than that it didn't even seem like the same machine at all. Ran smooth and mostly just baled. Very happy.

Starting to think maybe better off with a 976 instead of the 1150 strictly due to price and availability of parts. Need to do a little more research.

Comment

Just be a little patient in your REAL BIG tractor shopping.Am hearing Buds or Rites may being built again.Found an 1156 after some looking(2yrs).It has better hydraulic volumes than the red ones and with some larger couplers,no heat problems for a 3450 Variable rate `Coil cart.If the hours or appearance are questionable it`s quite a job to pull all the wheels and inspect the gears and change oil but you`ll probably be good for the rest of your farming career.Will also run on the smell of a diesel rag.Good luck!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...