• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CaseIH 8010 Combines or New Holland

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CaseIH 8010 Combines or New Holland

Has any one out there got any good or bad info on the 8010 Case Combine or the New Holland equivalants.

I hear that some of the new New Holland combines are having lots of trouble with getting the pumps set so that they put out enough power. The one individual I talked too said they never got his working right till the last couple of days of harvest.

Comment

Go to www.harvesting.com it's to my mind the best combine discusion forum on the web. All makes all models discussed, I'm not rushing out to replace our 2388's yet after reading the reports on the 8010's yet.Lots of bugs big and small.

Comment

I've heard problems with both. A friend of mine bought two 8010s. He said that they kept blowing seals on the hydraulic lines, even on the filter. Like they forgot to tighten them in the factory or something. Then some pressure sensor was malfunctiong in the feederhouse, kept shutting down the separator after about 10 feet down the swath, had to get a replacement sensor from a Newholland place. When it was working though it could sure go. Another friend of mine got a CR 940. He lost about 30 gals of disel after the injector line blew off. Then the suction pipe going to the turbo fell off beacause the clamp fell apart. Sucked dust in till they discovered what happened. He went and got his old TR 96 off the lot to combine for a day while his new one was getting fixed. Got an e-mail from a buddy in Arizona who was at a combine demo, and he said that the 8010 didn't even make it out of the box because of electrical problems. I think I'd stay away for now.

Comment

I will be working for a custom harvester in Minnesota this year (2005) who mentioned that he tested the 8010's with engineers a couple years ago before they came out. The new rotors are a disaster in any small grains but work alright in beans/corn.
          Also, the rotor is shaft driven and there have been reported cases of shafts coming apart and taking out the oil pan. Sweet problen eh!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...