• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD 7721

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD 7721

Is there much difference between a 7721 and a 7721 Titan II in reliability or capacity?

Reliability wil be the same the longer sieve(TITAN 2) may help save some grain but never running both I'm guessing. But a titan 2 has the same fan as the titan so we were always using all of our available wind. So here are a couple thing that increased machines capacity and made it save the grain.
    1- True all fan blades to the cut off point of the whole where the air is exited the fan housing, holes in the paddles will probably have to be made slotted, so the leading edge of the paddle will just clear by 1/8" or less. On JD combines some paddles can be over 1/2" of clearance.
    2- We use an air foil sieve for the top seive and blanked off the front 4" to increase air velocity and cut the control rod of the clean grain sieve allowing the front two sets of sieve fingers to stand straight up allowing more air to get to the upper sieve. This will not hamper how clean the grain sample is as the closed off portion of the top sieve does not allow grain to fall through the open front of the bottom sieve. Doing all of this allows more air pressure to the top sieve.
    3- All titan combines over load the left hand side of the combine, as the return auger has holes in the the bottom of auger tube that drop all of the returns on the left hand side of the cylinder. This is easliy fixed by blocking these holes and getting the material to the center of the machine, duct tape will work for a part of a season for a trial or a sheet of tin held under the auger tube with large hose clamps. If anyone is trying to find out where a combine is over loading put a light coat of spray paint on the top sieve and after a few hours of operation check to see what area has the most paint gone.
    Before these modifications were completed if our 7721 Titan 11 was pushed it would put alot of grain on the ground. Probably gained 3/4 mph and much better grain saving.

Comment

I looked at a 7721 titan II at JD in Provost they asking $29,500 for it. So I came home bought a 7720 with 3400hrs. 0 interest for 5 yrs and in good shape $22,000. Already I am wishing it had the hydrostatic drive but It's my first combine so I am sure some guys started with less.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...