• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD 567 or NH 780 round balers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD 567 or NH 780 round balers

Any comments on these two machines? We're looking at upgrading and would like a machine with netwrap. Right now leaning towards the 567 due to dealer support but most of the people in this country run NH.

Thanks for any comments

I bought a new 780 last fall. Last year was the first model year and there were some glitches they're working on. One being the rollers getting hot from straw stuffing in behind them. Apparently this is only a problem on the wide pickups. They've updated this to overcome the problem somewhat but i understand the 2004 model will have a slight design change so if you buy one make sure it is a 2004. The bale "kicker" is being updated as the bales would occasionally just sit on it as they were ejected. In 2004 they are also adding some plastic discs on the side of the baler for easier turning. The wide pickups are being reworked and speeded up as well. Most of these things will be done on the recall but the one design change cannot be done.

Ours must have been built on a friday or monday as it caused so much grief new holland finally gave us a different one. Mostly one time things. pieces falling off, jamming up. etc, etc.

As far as baling i was very impressed. Could bale absolutely anything. We run Case rotarys so we gave it the test. Had pea straw down 2 weeks that you could hardly see anymore and we baled at 8mph. When it was in the shop one time i hired the neighbour to bale some oat straw with his 565 hesston. He couldn't do it. We had no problems when we got rolling again.

Uncomplicated to operate. We just had auto wrap but anyone can run it. Stuck a rookie on there that had never baled before and she was on her own in half an hour.

The basic design is the same as the 688, etc but the bearings have been made accesable and greasable. I'm sure i'll be very happy with it once the glitches are ironed out. New holland reps were very adamant about getting these problems worked out. I think this being the second production year of this model will be beneficial. I looked at the JD's as well but still chose this one. Don't know if it much matters. The NH has a slightly wider pickup and more greasable brgs.

Comment

567 for sure. We have an RBX 562 (same as the New Hollands). Everyday its something else. Even the updates need updated on the CNHs. Our neighbor has had a 567 for 2 or 3 years now and hasn`t left the tractor seat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...