• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD 7721 & IHC 1482 purchase

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD 7721 & IHC 1482 purchase

I am considering buying a pull type combine this fall and was wondering if the rotary was a better machine. I have been told the 1482 is easier on the peas. We only have a JD dealer up here so I am leaning toward the 7721. Also what usually goes wrong with these machines? I plan to harvest Wheat, Barley, Canola, Pea's, Oats Thanks

We used to have a 7721 and our neighbor had a 1482. Seems like he was always stopped in the middle of the field. The 1482s take alot more horse power to run. As for combining peas, if you can find a 7721 with the 2 speed cylinder, they do a great job. Another option might be a newer 9501 kind of tough to find though...

Comment

The 7721 you have to watch what comes out the back end, The 1482 you have to watch what comes out the gearbox!!

Comment

I checked out Iron search and learned a few things 1. I could not find any 9501 JD's 2. There are alot of newer 7721's in saskatchewan (1987's)$10/$15,000 Also Case replaced the 1482 with a 1682, a $20/$25,000 machine also built around 1987 A 1680 self propelled cost about $55/$60,000 And I can not justify spending that much on a combine. Thanks for you input guys!

Comment

We have a JD 7701 if you are interested for sale. Email me at e$far$m@telus.net (remove the $ signs from the address). It was rebuilt (rub bars, concave, feeder house, back beater, cylinder bearings, belts, pickup...) a few years ago and is a shame for us to sell considering what is in it, but what do you do with three combines and 1 driver. It has done 500 acres in the last 5 years (backup combine), always shedded. Price, affordable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...