• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tractors

I hope I never use the words things can not really get much worst. I said that exactly a year ago today. Well if the face of BSE record fuel prices higher than normal repairs old betsy gave out on me so I have decided to invest yet some more in the farm. I just cannot see the value in a used ten year old tractor so I have been pricing new and what a sticker shock. Baasically 130 hp MFWD and comfortable cab. I looked at deere case ford massey all where at about the same dollar I have been thinking of only two a cheaper Landini or a more expensive but service guaranteed CAT. Has anyone had experience with either? All thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks

Try Allen`s agro ,Oyen,403-664-3730.He`s running a bunch of demo`s,doing seeding and has some smoking deals on McCormick`s .If that suits your fancy..........seems the cows aren`t worth it and the drawpin doesn`t care!

Comment

I'm intrigued as to why tractors are so expensive on the Prairies. In the UK we always ran used Masseys then Fords for a few years (cheaper and better dealer service.) I bought a 393 MF here and use it as my only tractor doing only feeding of cows plus some odd chores. A good second hand MF like this runs about $45,000 for a 10 year old - I could buy the same tractor for $35,000 in the UK. Perhaps I should look to the import/export business? One difference I notice in Canada is that people don't mind buying an older tractor but want low hours - in the UK they want a newer tractor and don't mind higher hours.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...