• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Bud

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bud

Anyone ever own or have anything to do with a Big Bud? I understand they are built out of pretty basic components and though not new should be easy to find parts for. How are they to operate, service, etc? Any specific trouble spots? Exceptionally noisy cabs?

Just say your add about Big Bud and remember hearing about someone who did a lot of work on one. I think this is a number you may be able to get in contact with him, ask for Maurice at 306-885-4444. If this does not work email me and I will try to a bit more looking. I do not know where you are form, hopefully not to far away. Also I have heard that there is a place in Montana where they carry parts for them.

Lorne at lrfellner@sasktel.net

Comment

www.bigbud.com

Comment

Are you looking at the 2 on auction? One is a 525 hp and the other a 450 hp.

I don't think that it said how many hours were on them?

Comment

yes, sent my proxy to the auction. the hourmeters were definetly out. the 525 went for about $42,500 and the 450 was over $40,000. someone wanted them about twice as bad as i did. still think the simplicity of them would be easy to keep them running a long time. would like to know about actually running one. just how clumsy and noisy in the cab are they?

Comment

Ran one for a summer. I quite liked it. Lots of power, simple to work on.
            Not too loud and very comfortable. The one I ran had air brakes, and thus the air ride seat, and a very useful hookup to the air on the back fender (ex: can use an air wrench in the field to change shovels.)
            Also, a great feature was the electric hydraulic that lifted the hood and then the cab so that you could access all grease points, drive train components, etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...