• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody had any experiences with the new STS JD??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody had any experiences with the new STS JD??

I saw the STS last fall in action in 26% m/c, running about 90 bu/ac at 3.5- 5.0 mph, with mo throw over. Anybody else with any experiences.

I am surprised that no one has responded now that harvest is over. I visited a farmer friend and rode his 9750 STS as he harvested a pretty good pea crop. We moved along better than any other machine I have seen. The pea sample quality was excellent. A couple of other farmers commented that with the increased clearance in the separating area of the rotor, there is a chance that something 'foreign' could hang up and do some damage. 'Foreign' as in broken vine lifters, fertilizer banding points, or any of that other stuff you find out there. Best keep that stuff out of the feeder anyway. Not bad advise for owners of all the other makes, too!

Comment

We were very happy with our STS machines this year. They were feeder house limited in many situations, and had good grain quality, clean sample and saved the grain with increased capacity over the walker machines. I beleive it is important to keep these machines full, they work well in tuff and dry conditions, but need a little more power when it gets tuff. As we ran the 9650 STS machines, this harvest, we saw no need for 30 hp more(the only diff. in a 9750 besides a hopper topper), except if you were working in big hills.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...