• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS Guidance Systems

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS Guidance Systems

Thinking of buying one of these for seeding,spraying,spreading fert,etc.Which ones do you guys have and what do you like and not like about them?Is the Outback any good?Do you find it hard staring at that thing all day?Thanks for any help.

I have been using a trimble aggps132 connected to a raven lightbar. I like the 132 reciever and the lightbar. I use L-band subscription from Omnistar and I have very little trouble with accuracy or consistancy of quality signal. I have had my 132 for 6 years and would buy another one again. I have upgraded to the raven lightbar and find it easy to use.

I tried a trimble 110 easyguide and I was not impressed. I am convinced you get what you pay for.

I demonstrated a sprayer with a Satlock WAAS system on it and it worked well. I only used it for about 10 hours.

I also prefer the lightbar on the hood of the sprayer as opposed to in the cab. I find my eyes adjust to it easier when correcting line.

If your going to seed with it, pass to pass accuracy will be quite important. In a high clearance sprayer the time from pass to pass is much less than on an air drill. Hope this helps.

Comment

I have outbacks in two units on my farm. Your eyes can go fuzzy after awhile if you stare at the outback constantly, its best to only glance down at it after you get your bearing. The mapping part of it needed a few up dates but overall its a good machine. We are adding auto steer to both units this year.

Comment

We have a Raven light bar and a databoy recorder. It seems to work fine but have only used it for one season. Had previous experience with a Trimble and it was a good unit as well.

Freesaw, I assume that you are going with the Outback auto steer? Is there anyone out their with RTK autosteer experience?

Comment

I will be using the outback e-drive

Comment

Have auto guide on 865 Cat.Absolutely TERRIFIC,WONDERFUL,SUPER.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...