• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shank mount packers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shank mount packers

Does anybody use shank mounted packers on an airseeder? What kind? Do you think they work as well as gang packers on an airdrill? any bearing or plugging problems? thanks

Ron,I know nothing about shank mounted packers but one thing I do find interesting are the packers from technotill.If I was looking at a different packing system I would take a long hard look at these.

Comment

Where would a person find info on technotill

Comment

They have a web site technotill.com

Comment

Shank mounted packers can give you more accurate packing and are usually adjustable. Down side is more parts to deal with and more equipment within the seeding tool therefore reducing trash clearance. You also need a heavy duty shank to keep the packer on the ground.

We use a peacock seeding system with individual packing. Packing pressure is not nearly as high as an airdrill, but in our mostly moist soil, it is usually adequate.

Comment

There was an article in this week's Grainews about a guy using technotill on page 27 in section 3.

The article listed a link to www.reducedtillage.ca - I checked it out and there was another article about a guy using technotill under the farmer reports. There was a bunch of good information and they also have a discussion group and some sort of farmer network.

I have a neighbour who has done some direct seeding with atom jet openers on a hoe drill. He's gotten some nice crops, as long as he does a good job with his straw. Just goes to show good management beats fancy machinery.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...