• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case 3294

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case 3294

I am thinking about buying a 3294 Case Tractor for an extra chore tractor, and I heard they have a reputation for having transmission problems. Any one had any experience with these tractors?

the case 3294 is still a glorified 90 series which is a glorified 70 series thus inheriting the same problems. once you've rebuilt the powershift somewhere between 4 to 7000hrs you'll be good to go again. if you want to take a step up get a magnum series but make sure you get the 4 speed reverse(newer)as the 2 speed reverse is just too slow for loader work. they only made those for a couple years at the start. the advantage we found with the 70 series(or 90) over the magnum is in how quickly you can shift from forward to reverse for loadingstacking bales because you just flip the shift lever from forward to reverse and back again. the magnum as with the jd you have to drag that powershift lever all the way back and around to find reverse. sounds minor i know but by time you've packed 2000t of silage and hauled 1400 bales you're tired of it. have you considered something like a maxim with a true shuttle shift?

Comment

oops, should have added that i think the 3294 may only come with 1000pto. when we were looking there were some models that were like that. worth asking anyhow.

Comment

Thanks Yes they did only have 1000 pto. I have looked at the magnum and I like them but they are more money than I want to spend right now. thanks again........Anyone else own a 3294?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...