• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone make augers to empty semi into airtank?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone make augers to empty semi into airtank?

I have a set of 1998 timpte super B trailers that I would like to use to fill my airtank with. I have called both michels and cancade and neither one has a product that will work with the all aluminum timptle trailer. The traps on the bottom of the hoppers are 30 inches wide instead of the standard 24 inches that Canadian made trailers are.

I do not have a wet kit on my tractor and was thinking of either running a underhopper auger with a gas engine and an electric clutch on it for remote control or going for the hydraulic version and putting a portable gas powered hydraulic powerpack on the tractor(like wheatheart or e-kay sell). Has anyone build their own units and have any tips on mistakes to avoid or "must have items"?

Was thinking of buying a gas powered Johnson transfer auger that was 7 feet long and mounting it onto a cannonball track like barn doors use. I thought that if I built a hopper for it about 12" by 34" and about 2 inches shorter than the hopper door that the wheat or fertilizer would not run on the ground if the auger was stopped and the trap was left open.

Being their is no steel to weld too I am having trouble figuring out how to mount an auger and I am nervous about drilling lots of holes in the hoppers (I am scared about creating a weak spot that will cause the trailers too crack).

Thanks for any ideas.

Sorry,

It should have said that I was looking to build a hopper that was 2 inches lower than my hopper door. I would have to move the hopper when I get to the end and need to completly open the traps to get the last 10 bushels out. Otherwise the hopper doors (traps) would be open 3 inches max for most filling (that is why the hopper would be 12 inches wide). The narrower hopper would allow the auger to lift up and be carried below the cannonball track for transport, similar to a cancade model.

Comment

poorboy
      There is a person in Lampman,Sk. That custom makes auger hoppers that fit on the end of airseeder auger. Specially made to go under semi's. Can't remember the company's name,but the persons name is Kevin Lisafeld.

Comment

Jackflash,

I have one of the airseeder hoppers and found it to have some problems with my Bourgault 4250 airtank. Using 1/2 a Super B, the landing gear to the tires is so short that the unloading auger has to be swung in part way and then move the truck, get out move the auger some more, etc. It took longer than to fill using two tandems. The hopper is also very heavy.

Since then, I have traded to a Bourgault 5000 series airtank, which uses a different linkage on the loading auger, so maybe it would work on short trailers.

If anyone has experience with the airseeder hopper on a bourgault 5000 airtank and filling from a Super B I would like to hear your experiences.

Comment

Castleman Trailers from Saltcoats, Sk. is working on a system that uses a air system to empty. Call and talk to Harry Isaic the owner.
          If he can't be reached call Glen's Grain Vac in Craik, Sk. 1 888 524 2228 and they can help, they are involved on this project to.

Comment

I think I meant Castleton trailers. My mind must be burnt on BSE.

Comment

I load my drill with an 8X45 auger, I have a stiff spout on the end that is 20' long 2x10' (like a large drillfil spout but stiffer and big enough for a 8" auger) We fill the drill in one spot in the field and then only have to move the trailer back and forth 8'. we find it was faster to fill with this way and not have to use the air cart auger, in our case it is only 7". This limited the tracks in the field with the trailer and made it easier for one guy to load the air cart. I wasn't cracked up about putting a wet kit on the truck and the under augers just based on cost. the air drill is 54' and we pull past the auger and the spout is long enough to reach the cart. with the trailer loaded we can seed a half section so about 1 move a day.

Comment

A bit off topic but, I have a nieghbor who purchased a Castleton trailer with aux. gates located on the drivers side,near bottom of hopper. A kind of side chute, seems very simple and works well.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...