• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer bins

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertilizer bins

I have a couple of Westeel Twin Air fertilizer bins that the epoxy is flaking off of the bottom cone. Is there any product that I can purchase or company that I can hire to reline the inside of these bins?

Hi ixl,
    I had the same problem. I went to my dealer where i bought my air seeder and bought some epoxie coating and used that. It works very well. One CAUTION have somebody else around outside and have a VERY good mask as the fumes from this product is deadly. Better yet hire somebody pro. to do it. THe product itself isn't exspensive.
    ARMIN

Comment

Thanks Armin, did you have to sandblast the rust spots and flaking pieces off before you applied the epoxy, and have you heard of any company who does it professionally?

Comment

HI,
        I didn't personally sand blast the spot. I used a electric sander to do the job and it seems to be holding. Another thing to try is a epoxy rust paint that the construction people use. I tried that on my airseeder and tthat also seems to be working. I just cleaned the area with gas and let it dry and then sprayed on the Tremclad product that was made for that app.
        ARMIN

Comment

Thanks again Armin, I'll try that!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...