• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another combine parts story

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's one thing to pay through the nose for parts it's another to pay lots and have to wait a week. Around this area new holland has to be about the worst. Deere and agco dealers are well stocked. What is even worse is short lines. Some dealers stock no parts. Not fair for the short line that's for sure.

Comment

Kramble air/electric valve for remote hoist/endgate $400, at Hypower exactly the same, they even supply Kramble, $150.

Comment

One story I forgot. A couple years ago I bought the gearbox that drives the bubble up auger in the grain tank on a John Deere 9770. $1,195 usd vs $2,895 cdn at the dealer.

I mentioned something about it to the mechanic at John Deere at the time.Anyway he called me last week because they have been putting quite a few in this year and guys were bitching about the price. He wanted to send them where I got mine. Ha.

Comment

At least if you buy parts at some jd places your supporting the children's hospital! That money that was given probably made it back already.

Comment

Picked up a new canvas for 36 ft over 1000 a piece in bulk.

Comment

After hours call out fee for parts in harvest time. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                Because they have to pay their workers overtime?

Comment

Last yr..pto drive shaft for brandt auger..1000 dollars at jd..cuz I needed one..330 at Peavy mart..
                  We are lucky the jd salesman drives past our yard every day to go to and from work.so parts are delivered free.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post

Don't you know emergencies only happen Monday to Friday between 8 and 5....

As far as I am concerned if the farmers working so should the dealership. ...but I think the grain cos should be open later and weekends during harvest as well....

Yup ....pass the tinfoil....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Don't you know emergencies only happen Monday to Friday between 8 and 5....

As far as I am concerned if the farmers working so should the dealership. ...but I think the grain cos should be open later and weekends during harvest as well....

Yup ....pass the tinfoil....
                      Kongskilde VT shaft, 2" x I think 91-92" for $1800 OEM with 3 weeks to deliver vs $100 steel and $20 for machining locally.

Comment

Strngr

Our 2012 JD R450 discbine , the hydraulics stopped working after 1st days use June 6 , dealer spent 2 days in our yard diagnosing, no luck, took to shop, 2 days later said main hyd pump failed, need new one , JD didn't have and neither did supplier, had to build one !! Phed Aug 17 to say it was running again, out for 9 weeks 🙄👎🏿 grrrrr

Comment

Are there unions at the dealerships?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...