• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprayer water.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good article Klause thanks.

Phosphoric acid, the high % stuff green house quality works.

Not sure what the water treatment plants use in the cities?

Comment

Ive never used any and tested, but some companies have ph amendment products with mix rates suggested. Omex Phix for example.
      Stuck with well water here.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Lol tweety....alot of untreated water would probably have an issue of some sort.

If I bought the water at the community(the water is R.O. water) I live near it would cost $1.00/25 Imp gallons (113 liters or basically 30 US gallons). At 5 gpa its cost would be about 16.5 cents and at 10 gpa -31 cents....AND ABOVE ALL THEY DON'T WANT ME THERE WITH THE SPRAYER NURSE TANK WITH A CHEM HANDLER AND MAYBE CHEMICAL THAT CLOSE TO THE TREATMENT PLANT....EVEN MORE....I don't want the liability.

For God's sake...just trying to solve a minor water issue....not split atoms. It's not that difficult, just trying to find the best method and how low to take the pH.
        You mean that in your local community town people flush their toilets with RO water or that caustic dirty crap you spray with?

If not, what are they using? What is the town water condition? Are you farming in Delhi perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
          You mean that in your local community town people flush their toilets with RO water or that caustic dirty crap you spray with?

If not, what are they using? What is the town water condition? Are you farming in Delhi perhaps?
          Tweety,

Yes they are flushing their toilets with RO water!!! Town has a Uranium(or is it arsenic) levels above tolerances.... our farm is probably on the same aquifer and I don't glow at night or feel poisoned either...I don't see a problem.

We can't complain too much about the herbicide results from spray water we're using. I just think we could get better, or equal results with less glyphosate if the water was conditioned. .....instead of using the glyphosate itself as a conditioner.

Yes, thanks Klause, that was a good read.

Comment

Save the water for your rye farmaholic. Pump straight roundup through those nozzles of you can and maybe you will see the kill results your looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
              Save the water for your rye farmaholic. Pump straight roundup through those nozzles of you can and maybe you will see the kill results your looking for!

What's the recommended rye rate until I "see" the kill I'm looking for?

How many ounces per acre am I supposed to consume?
              Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 1, 2017, 12:45.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...