• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere CTS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Deere CTS

Is there anyone that can give me some info on the CTS combine are they a good machine in all crops. Canola, Wheat ect.

I have been running a John Deere CTS 11 for four years now. It does an excellent job on canola, wheat,barley and peas. You have to slow down when doing oats with alot of straw. You do have to slow down if the straw is real tough. The biggest disadvantage of this combine is moving the straw chopper from chopping to not chopping and back to chopping. I guess I am getting a bit lazy, but sure like the combines where you just push a switch or a lever to change from chopping straw to not chopping.

Comment

This is not a combine...........try a real combine, try the new CX, not the CR.........have tried them all, you would not beleive the diff.

Comment

I haven't tried the new N.H. combines and I don't want to either. With all the moving parts and overlapping belts you can keep them. If you want a simple big capacity combine try the new massey,you believe the job they do and they are a breeze to work on. I own the front runner of these machines and it has aprox.5500 hrs. on it and since 1984 I haven,t spent more than 1500.00 dollars a year averaged out over the years I used it.(9700 White)
        The new ones are even simpler and do a great job. I urge you to take a look at a 9790 Massey. You will be pleasently surprised.
        ARMIN

Comment

Massey makes roller chains do figure eights..........wonderful engineering

Comment

I am actually a johndeere man but i have tried them all and this is how they stack up..............CX,2388,9650,CR,TR,STS,CTS,....... ..all in this order........jury is out on the 8010, had a lot of straw management problems with this one...............as far as headers go, if you have to have a drapper then it would be honeybee by far to macdon................i was surprised but it wasn't even close...................drapper headers in canola are murder, they carry back canola under tarps like crazy..........................sorry to say the new rigid tables with auto float and tilt win by a long shot on the CX, absolutly no contest.............again was very surprized and honestly very disapointed with the drappers...........only one not tried is the new rigid 36 foot deere table, but am sure will be great...............people that argue that drappers are better, have not tried the new rigid,................if you are a zero tiller this is how the combines stack up..........CX,TR,STS,9650,2388,8010..........stra w and chaff management, leaps ahead with CX..................if you are cowboy this is how they stack up.............CX,9650,and then the rotors...................

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...