• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm auction prices on a runaway

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    Gleaner combines go cheap at auctions !

# just give em away !

If it weren't for Gleaners last fall about 1000 acres of durum would still be out on our farm. All the others couldn't handle the stand and believe me - we tried a lot of big new combines. Just saying, I am glad they are cheap, we need a couple more. 👍

Comment

With the loonie taking a shiit kicking like today, the auction prices will only go higher. Can you imagine having a 27% advantage bidding?

Comment

sum, your not understanding exchange correctly.

CAD is $0.7360 today.

$100 CAD = $73.60 USD

$100 USD = $135.87 CAD

One hundred dollars U.S. is exchanged at One hundred thirty five dollars and 87cents CAD

The advantage is 35.87 %

At this moment MGE JULY wheat is $5.42 1/2 per bushel, or $7.37 CAD
        MGE DEC wheat is $5.57 3/4 per bushel, or $7.58 CAD

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          If it weren't for Gleaners last fall about 1000 acres of durum would still be out on our farm. All the others couldn't handle the stand and believe me - we tried a lot of big new combines. Just saying, I am glad they are cheap, we need a couple more. 👍
          They wont be cheap now that the secret is out. LOL

Comment

Some of us still use tandems, a good reason is MUD. Straight truck with lockers and tire chains will go through a lot. Super B is about useless in mud or snow.

But I'm small time, the most we've harvested in a year is just under 100,000 bushels, one tandem and a single axle for overflow, and all feilds within 3 miles of home bin site. Most much closer than that.

Put a pup behind for hauling grain further from home time permitting. Hire most long distance hauling, they aren't making much money at that right now.

Comment

oh yeh, those Gleaners are a pile of junk. 😁

Comment

Hardly a Gleaner in this country but those who run them stick with them. They must be alright. Do they still use a lot of common belts and bearings?

Comment

I farm approx. 700 acres , and my 1981 Western Star tandem with a Cummins 855 is a godsend for me. I still use a 3 ton at seeding time and harvest time. Niether of these trucks are new , but they are paid for and are well maintained , by ME! I haul my grain 18 miles to my nearest elevator ,and I can move lots of grain in a day if they have room , and are ambitiuos enough to ship cars out to make the room. (Pioneer elevator , with some of the laziest union protected employees in SW Sask.) Not everyone has a semi and a super b , and people on this site should not be pointing fingers at the ones that don't! By the way , my equipment is paid for!

Comment

Whoa there big guy. You've got all you need and your fixed costs low. I'd be proud as hell.

Comment

To be clear....an 18 mile haul with tandems makes sense.....I could only hope even though an elevator is that close ....

A 137000 tandem at auction that could buy a super b and power unit is questionable.

Comment

I never wanted to be a trucker while farming. My trailers keep my combine rolling.

Comment

guess thread should of been "do you love your tandem ? " instead of discussing high auction prices on MOST farm equipment . Was wondering high prices others had saw ?
                          Last edited by Guest; Apr 27, 2017, 07:58.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            guess thread should of been "do you love your tandem ? " instead of discussing high auction prices on MOST farm equipment . Was wondering high prices others had saw ?
                            Land rollers for damned near new price... old class 6 combines and 45+ foot air drills with lots of life left in them for nearly free.

Comment

Retail + on everything but some drills wholesale.
                              Honestly who goes to auctions anymore.

Comment

Size matters... always haul some canola with custom truckers if the $$ make sense.
                                Pioneer had better prices to Van this year?
                                Small enough farm that my neighbors with tandem trailers or super B's haul more loads to move their crop than I do with a tandem.
                                For 20 years our haul was 4 or 5.5 miles to the elevator, that made the money. Tandems were fast, 20 loads a day. In fact in 1976 this farm had the first tandem in these elevators. Things have changed, guess I did not.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...