• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

71 Ritchie spring Auctions, didn't see yours

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

71 Ritchie spring Auctions, didn't see yours

Plus summer auctions, none near here. Will Kramer have a catalogue?
    Just Shapansky left as next biggest player?

Pretty soon farms will be consolidated to the point there won't be any auctions.... each year just afew corporate giants that will bow out and make room for the next one...

Comment

Farmaholic

Yup and it's on an exponential curve.....

Thinking back to some of my neighbors that exited after 2008....had the financial instutions lended them 25 percent of what they borrowed for others to buy them out my neighbors would still be here and had the run up on asset value as well....

Go big or go home is the mantra.....just wait....this story has been told before....

Comment

got the new Ritchie wish book the other day its featuring Kramer.

haven't opened it as I screwed up and bought a ranch twenty years ago to make the big bucks

Comment

I got the bible also

What I can't understand is all the basically new equipment. Its seems not quite a much as prior years however, there is 11 Kenworth from a colony, a significant amount of John Deere equipment with not even enough hours to make first oil change.

So do we now have a "online" auction now? Looks like some of those 2 trac John deere's on there. What's wrong with John Deere cultivators? There is one 2016 model listed.

Surely this equipment is better than this.

Comment

The jd tractors come from a farm that changes color most yrs..

Comment

But Partners (and anyone else) why??

To me it just doesn't make good business or financial sense. Maybe every 3-4 years for combines but tractors don't really get enough hours in a year to even get to have their life after 8 or 10 years

Even if you have a fantastic operation with a big savings account (which is what this farm must have) then if that is what you chose I guess its your choice. Financially, it still doesn't make sense in my mind.

I get worried about a lot of operations that with all the financial scams we see that too many fall into a trap of leasing equipment or loans from FCC and banks granted too easily. Buying all this new iron doesn't allow properly utilization on their farm.

Then even more scary is companies like Input Capital giving money to operations and tying the string around the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                I am buying new ! Richard5 you can farm with the old stuff !
                Wiseguy that's not what I am doing. I don't run old junk but match the equipment investment for the task at hand

Comment

A lot of the old stuff is better. The electronic shut-offs and smog control can test ones patience.

Comment

R5, I would bet your financial statements look alot better than some of the "regular equipment flippers'" financials! Even if you only farm a fraction of the acres they do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...