• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used pickup truck ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used pickup truck ?

Anyone with some experience driving the Ram 1/2 T truck with ecodiesel. It looks like there are some good deals on used trucks around. Thinking 2014 year would be the best deal. I don't want or need a 3/4 ton and would like the economy of the ecodiesel. What is everyone driving and what do you like?

Dodge eco diesel a really good little truck. Bought a 2016 in march and have 25K on it now. Consistently gets 33 to 35 MPG highway driving at 110KPH. Lots of power for a 3 litre engine. Handle a 22ft gooseneck camper easily and 16 ft gooseneck cattle trailer. Only issue i have had and still hasn't been fixed is troubles with trailer lights. Can't seem to get trailer clearance lights to work with this truck. Have seen online forums that say this is a common problem. Be prepared to pay big bucks for oil filter and synthetic oil but can go 15k between oil changes. This little 3 litre holds 10 litres oil.
    Overall i really like this little truck. Still do have my 05 cummins diesel around for the real heavy lifting.

Comment

Nice. I appreciate the thoughts. I have talked to several people who drive RAM and like them as well. See more of them around when you are thinking about getting one.

Comment

google the eco diesel, lots of bad stuff I hear...

Comment

Modern def equipped diesels make me nervous. Also problems with glow plugs, injectors, fuel pumps..... cooling down turbos, slow to warm up, poor cold starting. Love gasoline in my pickup, just pin'r!

Comment

Son a auto tech works on lots of GM gas with cylinder deactivation, says it's crap.

Comment

So it was a used, not new? pickup kind of year. Sign of the times. Around here it was a no new pickup for a long time kind of year.

Comment

Yep, sign of the times, we are tightening down. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Still need a vehicle to do the work, looks like a lot of used available.
                Here a lot going south with the strong USD exchange.

I like seeing what you guys think, both good and bad.
                Thanks

Comment

We had a 09 ford f.150 that was totally trouble free.never at the shop for anything.
                  So far the 2015 is awesome as well.

Comment

Have an 08 Chevy with 300k still have never seen a check engine light. But yes tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings, some bad rust, broken wires in door jam. Powertrain is like a rock everything else not so much. With a diesel any fuel savings you may get will get obliterated by parts and service work.

Comment

The 5.7 liter hemi with eco gets around 12 l/100 km on hiway and has almost 400 hp. Very inexpensive to long term operate vs a diesel and just plain fun to drive. You can get these trucks for 10 to 15k less then diesel and that buys a lot of gas. Start and go.

Diesel is expensive to maintain and is costly to repair. Gas is cheap fast and fun in a smaller vehicle. Just run the numbers an you'll figure it out pretty quick the best decision for you. Take a hemi for a test drive, they are nimble and fast esp with 8 speed trans.

Comment

Comon Tweety thats window sticker numbers, my daily driver avg 20l/100km.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...