• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

attention case combine owners

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attention case combine owners

ran into a strange thing on our 2008 , 8010 yesterday . was idling in yard and main fuel line from electric pump to ecm started blowing fuel all over everything . it had rubbed through where it comes up behind fuel tank right by bottom corner of rad . rad fan blew it all over machine and motor . hose is made out of light rotten shit . if it would of done it combining wheat I'm sure you would of saw another case combine fire . to install a new hose I think you might have to pull fuel tank off ? made a new longer one out of hydraulic hose and ran it in a much safer place . this should be a safety recall ???? someone on here once wondered why so many case combines burn ? maybe this is the answer ? once they're burnt how would you know ? CHECK your fuel lines , please. feel how soft and shitty and rotten it is , look for rubbing beside corner of rad .

Thanks

Although somewhat different our NH of the same vintage may very well have the same cheap fuel line.

Comment

Was combining with an 8120 which had its fuel line burst as well. Fortunately it was noticed, shut down and repaired before things got out of control.

Comment

A friend had his 8010 burn last fall. Grain cart operator pulled up to dump. When combine was unloaded, cart stopped he saw some smoke coming from the engine area and by the time he radioed the combine operator the back end was engulfed with flames.
        No one got hurt but that thing burned fast by all accounts. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the bad fuel line.

Comment

If it was fuel problem in a car there would be recall. Insurance pays for poor engineering and our premiums just keep going up to cover costs. Case gets to sell new combines.

Comment

Cheapest supplier gets the contract, anywhere on earth... all colors all types of iron. Macdon had shit hyd hoses in 2010, replaced ALL.

Comment

NAPA sells a fuel resistant fuel line for $2-3 per foot. Price will vary depending on I.D. of fuel line......if you buy fuel line from Case dealer multiply cost by 10.😂

Regular hydraulic hose will eventually break down if used for diesel fuel....at least that's what I've been told.

Comment

ajl , I'm going to check the 8120 tommorow . probably same shit line ?

Comment

I will have lots of time with another 1.2 inches rain today , passed the 2 1/2 foot mark heading for 3 ft of rain I guess ? 3 yrs rain in one growing season

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    NAPA sells a fuel resistant fuel line for $2-3 per foot. Price will vary depending on I.D. of fuel line......if you buy fuel line from Case dealer multiply cost by 10.😂

Regular hydraulic hose will eventually break down if used for diesel fuel....at least that's what I've been told.
                    Wrong kind of rubber, better change it again...

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      I will have lots of time with another 1.2 inches rain today , passed the 2 1/2 foot mark heading for 3 ft of rain I guess ? 3 yrs rain in one growing season
                      Wow hope that shit quits for you! 7/10" here, guess lucky.

Comment

I talked to a guy who had his JD combine burn down two weeks ago. He was not sure if it was a bearing or fuel line leak. When his hired man got the call and seen the fire he scrambled out so fast he did not turn the engine or separator off. That made it more impossible to put the fire out from the wind that created. The owner was happy that it was by his home quarter so he was able to quickly get the ground fire under control by cultivation. He got insurance on the combine but would not have on the crop.

Comment

Next time someone has a beater bearing go out ....look at where the outer race grease hole is in relation to the flanges and the grease nipple.

Last time I did one there was no way for grease to get across to the bearing. Showed deere service managers the issues and they shrug it off.

No sense in greasing it really.

But causes a lot of fires.

Comment

before assembly... put a paint mark on the seal of the bearing in relation to where the grease hole in the bearing is and line it up with the nipple on the pillow block or flanges.... not too hard!

Comment

Nope that's not it.

The flanges tighten to the outer race. The bearing grease hole is on the opposite side of the nipple so the flanges don't allow grease across.

The grease will ooze out of flanges but never get put into the bearing.

Last time I thought they gave me the wrong bearing. Nope ....it's stupid and deere should be held responsible for beater bearing fires.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...