• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CNH Autonomous Tractor unveiled at Farm Progress Show in Boone Iowa

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNH Autonomous Tractor unveiled at Farm Progress Show in Boone Iowa

CNH Autonomous tractor was unveiled at the Farm Progress show in Boone, Iowa this week.

The cabless and driverless tractor takes a pre-planned path through the field to complete field work such as tillage or planting. The farmer manages the tractor over the internet and will be alerted if the tractor detects any obstacles.

I doubt anyone would ever buy a concept like that - the cost of the cab is not likely that much compared to the overall cost of a tractor. Still will need an operator for some tasks.

It does look pretty cool though and I am sure our machinery looks different to older farmers who remember machinery 60-70 years ago.

Comment

I bet there are many applications worldwide when the cost/price and efficiencies become par with labor.

Comment

Local case dealer seen this tractor at case meeting in 2011..have been working on it for awhile

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...