• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts counter humor. ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May-be you have a point. Any of the general public who goes to an automotive dealership for parts or service doesnt occupy themselves with farmers being overcharged. They are receiving the same exceptionally poor and expensive service.
    The expensive food statement is easilly countered with the fact that food in in North America is not expensive. Food is so abundant in North America some people are allergic to it and we throw away about 20% of the food we buy.
    When I eat a whole box of chocolate chip cookies in one sitting and then I dont feel good, I wonder if I should have just chosen an apple instead. There is a big difference between "food" and nutrition.

Comment

I have a good solution to dealership parts prices, same as May-be's.

I have 3 identical combines, one is now donating parts to the other 2. Parts baler, parts discbine, many parts swathers, a parts tractor with mostly common parts to my main PTO tractors . Most consumable parts are available aftermarket. Steiger and truck parts all aftermarket. Most parts on older equipment are made of steel of some sort, Welder, brazing, grinding, drill etc, can fix or make a new part. I am a half hour from my nearest AGCO dealer, and an hour to anyone else, so I can spend a lot of time repairing a part in the time it takes to get the piece from the dealer. And it is always a sunday or middle of the night.

Still have to buy sensors, molded plastic pieces.

My biggest frustrations are tires, radiators and hoses. Started converting tires to tubeless, and using slime. Keep an assortment of hoses, and adapters, can always cut an oddball end off an old hose, braze to an adapter and be back in business. Radiators, a small amount of cinnamon or similar really does work, since no rad shops are willing or able to repair a rad anymore.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...