• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

making a jd 530 bale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making a jd 530 bale

We have a jd 530 baler that won't bale.
    It keeps backfeeding and will not make a bale in short straw. Any solutions?

Take out all but 4 wind guards on the pickup putting the outside ones about a foot in and space the other 2 evenly in the middle.I found it also helped to bale at a fairly fast groundspeed.(9-10 mph).It also helps to have some humidity on the straw.Hope this helps.

Comment

If you go to the bottom of the machinery board you will find this was big problem also last year. Try running your tractor at 1300/1400 rpm and slowly put some into the very middle of the pickup. Some 530 balers have adjustable wheel spindles to set the baler lower to the ground letting the straw go a little straighter in. I plan to put grip tape (the stuff used on skate boards and on fuel tanks to keep a persons footing) on the starter roller. The lugs on that roller get polished very smooth and then don't grab well as I figure they were designed to. The guy that told me of using the grip tape has used it with allot of success. If my 530 gives me trouble after I get my tape installed I am trading for a NH660 or something with the feeder knives behind the pickup teeth. A JD 567 has these but I don't want to spend $40,000 for a baler. Good luck!

Comment

Straw can be a difficult thing to bale with any brand baler.There is an outfit in our area that traded their 2 688's for 2 567's because they had trouble baling straw.

Comment

My neighbour has a 530 and had trouble also ,so he changed the pickup
          teeth to longer one's so that it would lift the straw higher and said it worked better . hope this may help

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...