• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9750 sts good combine or what?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor is shaped more like a bullet than the old barrel type. Feeds nicer and quieter in tougher conditions. As far as I'm concerned they all burn a shitload of fuel. S series is way way worse than the older series.

Comment

Ha ha, I agree with Jake550!!!
      I am going to drop the transmission out of a case ih 1688 tomorrow. I lost 2nd gear on the last field last harvest. It worked great the first 3200 hours. I wonder what will be next!
      Trade them or pay to fix them. Choose your poison!

Comment

Hobby, Toward the end of my neighbor's farming career, who farmed his whole life and took good care of his equipment until toward the end when he couldn't physically do what he used to, would take the machinery to the field and tell it to surprise him. There comes a time you know its time to quit!

Comment

I feel that we will never really own our combines anymore. Repairs or payments. Unless your a hobby farmer they seem to cost so much an acre regardless. Crazy. What just happened??

Comment

What happened? The dealer parts and service departments have learned to tap into our resources now that new equipment prices are in another galaxy let alone in the stratosphere and getting out of reach.

Comment

Gone are the days when a guy overhauled his own combine.

Might have to get resourceful again. Off season checkups regularly 5 figures? Wow.

Comment

I think Jake is correct, they are all overpriced, what other piece of equipment can't easily last 5000 hours?

Maybe more custom combining should be considered when all costs are factored in on owning a combine.
                Green lights, payments, depreciation, outrageous parts prices during harvest, labour, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                  Gone are the days when a guy overhauled his own combine.

Might have to get resourceful again. Off season checkups regularly 5 figures? Wow.
                  We just greased and checked over the 9870, changed ONE bearing ourselves. Use the IR temp gun and keep checking, avoids problems so far. Just a STO, about 120 hours a year.

Comment

What happened is farms have grown exponentially, they need big high capacity good equipment because of the time windows. Spread the cost of the combine over thousands of acres and it still pencils out on the cost side. The revenue/income side seems to be our challenge.
                    Like the original post, I am sure that is a good combine. It may need some repairs because its a machine.
                    Agreed the prices are in another galaxy. I do not subscribe to any of that nonsense. Due to the small size of my farm I end up buying used machines and sometimes have to do some unpleasant repairs. I am not too much of a mechanic but with the internet and sometime you figure stuff out.
                    I really like this combine, the previous owner installed all updates, bumped up the HP and I think it hauls ass for this farm. It is fair to note I am likey harvesting half the crop/yield everyone else is. I do understand having such a thing on a modern farm is laughable. Its all about needs......and revenue.

Comment

Have anyone done canary seed with these? I m not too concerned about the easy threshing crops but canary and flax are crops we grow.
                      We do it with a conventional but has to be perfect dry to thresh those crops.

Comment

Originally posted by riders2010 View Post
                        How does a 9750 sts compare to case ih or new Holland crs?
                        I love mine. Until it breaks down! Then again, I can afford a new one.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...