• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brand of airdrill

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What brand of airdrill

What type of airdrill are people using and why? I'm using a 5000 flexicoil with a 3450 aircart double shooting usin Atom jet openers, but I believe I'm not getting enough seed fertilzer separation. How's the Bourgault MRB's working I also have looked at MR shanks on 12" spacing is there anyone with experience using these.

I am using Seedmaster for the first year and seemed separation from the Anhydrous was OK at 75 pounds of actual N of anhydrous 12 inch separation. Before that used a bourgault 12.5 spacing with anhydrous midrow shank bander. No worries about N not being close to the seeds my crops were good just that seed depth needed to be improved through the rolling type of land that I farm. The bourgault did give me very good resale value and I still use my 5440 air cart on the Seedmaster. 66' no plugging problems by the way I put the main divider in the middle of the drill in line with the secondary dividers ( Important)so that large hoses are running straight with no sagging. Looking at anhydrous pumps to apply to the ground at higher pressure to increase efficiency.

Comment

iam using adom jets with side band also on flexicoil 5000 also, up to 80# n I have never had a problem with seed burn

Comment

I also use a flexi-coil 5000 with the atom jet openers. Use 28-0-0 as my N. Been up to 110 lbs on canola and cereals with no seed burn. Using 7.2 inch spacing.

Comment

I have been using atom jets on our Flexi for 8 years putting 50 -60 lbs actual n (155 lb of 34-17-0 ) haven't noticed seed burn. They sure beat stealth openers which were anything but stealthy and heavy to pull.

Comment

Has anybody tried the new Morris contour drill? The price tag is a shocker but is the drill living up to the salesmans chest beatings.

Comment

We have put in 12 crops with our Bourgault 5710, with mid row banders, and its the best piece of equipment on the farm. 4350 tank is set up multishoot, so we can use any combination we want. Since going into "0" till, we have seen our yeilds go up. Our grain buyer always asks us how come we always seem to have higher protein wheat then others, even though its the same vararity. I belive its because of the midrow banders. We use 46-00-00, and it don't matter how much nitrogen we use, it does not hurt the crop because of the even placement. We're on 9.75 spacing. Excellant machine in my opinion. A few frinds of mine run the 5000 Flexcoil, and they have good luck also, but they put down all their gas in the fall.

Comment

The price of all the new drills knock your socks off. The new bourgault Fully equipped without a tank is about 240k. That is the price of 3 fairly premium used 5710's. doesn't make sense to me...yet.

Comment

Neighbors had a Seedhawk and traded it on a 60ft Morris contour drill. Used it one season and now they are trading it up to a 70ft. The paired row seemed to work well, left two distict rows about 4" apart. On 12" spacing, that gives a 4"/8" row pattern. Canola looked really good and they traded up to a bigger drill, so it must have done something right.

Comment

Traded a Flexi 5000 with a 2340 V/R cart set up for liquid for a new Bourgault 54' 5710 with NH3 MRB's and a 6350 V/R cart in 07. Back then the cost savings of anhydrous over 28 was enough to justify it. This past crop year I put between 80-90lbs of NH3 down, no seedling damage at all, and perfect seed placment. Have around 10K acres on the machine now and it still looks like it just came out of the factory.
                    The variable rate and the calibration procedures on the Bourgault cart are far more durable and simple, compared to that of the Flexi-coil. No rollers to change, no manifolds to move (and reseal), no more batteries to replace, or altenators to worry about.
                    As for the new trend but not so new idea of the "on row packing" drills like the Seed Master, Seed Hawk or even the 3310 PHD Bourgault (unless you have incredibly hilly land), I think I'll stick with the simplicity of the single point depth contol of the 5710. Some of my fields have different soil types within them, and I need to change the depth to maintain uniformity of the seed throughout. It takes me all of about 45 seconds to make a slight adjustment, unlike some of these others.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...