• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Shoot Opener Problem

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Shoot Opener Problem

I have a Morris Air Drill equipped with a paired row gumbo opener with carbide tips and plates. I am fed up with going that deep and rooting up so many rocks. I would like to change to a new opener that I wouldn't have to go so deep and could still put down all my fertilizer with the seed in one pass. I wonder if any body has any suggestions on an opener that would stand up well in tough conditions and still allow enough fertilizer separation to not damage the seed. I hope somebody has the solution I am befuddled the more research I do the more confused I get. Your input would be much appreciated. I don't have much patience for a whole bunch of maintenance at seeding time.

Most of my neighbors have gone to using the Harvestechnologies (atom jet) double shoot opener. It places seed and fertilizer at the same depth, has carbide on everything and pull very easy. It comes in single side band or 4 inch paired row.

www.Harvestechnologies.com

Comment

We've been using the bourgault sidebanding knives(same idea as atom jet)for 4 seasons now and couldn't be any happier.

Comment

I am thinking of going to a double shoot opener and am looking at the Atom Jet side band opener or the Poirier Opener which also places the fertilizer to the side of the seed. It looks like a good opener to me but I havn't talked to anybody that has used them.Has anybody used the Poirier and what are the pros and cons.

Comment

We have used the poirier opener for one year and am very happy with them. We are on 9 inch spaced flexi-coil 5000 wit 5.5 inch rubber press. The press really don't do anything for packing but do help to carry the drill. I would like to hear from other that are using these openers as well. Thanks

Comment

we have been using atomjet openers with the liquid side band blade for four years. they are well worth the money very long lasting and easy pulling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...