• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8460 Case-IHC vrs J.D. 535 baler

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8460 Case-IHC vrs J.D. 535 baler

I am considering buying a used baler. Can anyone tell me the good or bad points on either the 8460 or the 535. How do the two compare? Thanks.

The 8460 CIH is a hesston 560 made for case. Parts can be bought either at agco or CIH.

Comment

The 8460 CIH is a hesston 560 made for case. Parts can be bought either at agco or CIH.

Comment

I have a Hesston 560 (86) that I've had very few problems with. Other than the odd bearing that is to be expected and normal wear and tear it has held up very well and makes great bales. I also like the cab controls better than the JD.

Comment

My neighbour has an 8460 that he bought new in 1988 and he isn't a great mechanic and it is still working good and makes nice bales.

Comment

Thank you for the information. It is appreciated.

Comment

I would find out how well the 8460 works in combined straw or green feed. Starting a bale in straw is a very good test for a baler. I bought a JD530 last yr and I wish I had bought a NH660. Ease of starting a bale is very important.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...