• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flex d****rs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flex d****rs

these headers are alot of money. anybody using them? what do you like or don't like? I have heard people like them. any advantage with the late models vs. the earlier ones? We use honeybee's now but are going to 36' from 30'. Grow peas, wheat, and barley to straight cut.

i've used Honeybee and Macdon( both 36', both for about 4 yrs each on 2388's) found the Honeybee's to be quite heavy on the combine even after adding fluid to the rear tires! both cut peas nice and low, but having a cross auger is a must to keep a fluffy stand (like peas, canola, mustard, sometimes barley) flowing to the feeder house. if you already have Honeybee's you know why d****rs are nicer for feeding cereals. choosing the right pick-up teeth and using the reel with for/aft control can make as big of difference as the brand you buy

Comment

I am wondering about the flex d****rs, 974 or fd70 (CIH2062). They have quite a few moving parts, I am wondering if you need to lock them up for cereals, how long it takes, or if people wished they would have stayed with a regular d****r? The bean guys really like them. I don't grow lentils but I do grow quite a few peas.

Comment

We have both of the flex d****r headers. The caseih 2062 and the Macdon 974. Same header just different paint. We love them. Traded our Honeybee off for the second one after one season. They work great in peas and you can set it right on the ground and have it follow the ground with variable pressure. Use to run 3 headers with 2 combines. One case 1020 header for straight cutting. Only need 2 headers now and can run both combines in peas. Simple to put in flex mode or not and can vary the amt it will flex even for hilly land and doing wheat etc. Only downside is the cost, but well worth it.

Comment

I really like the d****rs when straight cutting wheat
          that is short and thin.
          If you swath a crop like that, you'll have a hard time
          picking them up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...