• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sprayer tracks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might be right tweety, but.. I do know a lot of corn and soybean growers with no rotation that are very good farmers as well. Making good decisions is more than rotation alone.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
      Never see the same crop for 4 or 5 years on the same land, so no, fungicides after all the costs including trucking extra grain calculated in is often a wash.

Now the ding bats doing 2 year or 2 in 3 year rotations, they may see a much better return. You know, the good farmers.
      Agreed, 100%.

Comment

Rareearth, so when disease or other crop problems arise from the shortened rotation and these what you call good decision makers change to another crop to over use in their rotation then they are good decision makers? And in the meantime have f***ed it up for everybody trying to keep a decent rotation. That is short sighted and I am not afraid to say it. I agree with a proper rotation. There are lots and lots of guys with a poor rotation but if you think they are good farmers just because they are throwing everything at it to prevent the inevitable from happening then you are one of them.

Comment

10,000,000 acres of pulses what's your contribution this year?
          % increase from other years?
          I'm sure you have a resistant weed management strategy as well?
          I've made a lot of bad decisions in the past, I'm sure I'll make many more. Rotation may or may not be a part of the bad choices. 😬

Comment

We are a whooping 0.000018% of the pulse acres and we are down 20% from last year, so your example to make me look bad wont work. I understand your weed management issue but after x number of years doing your so called shortened rotation you should have the problem in check.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
              You might be right tweety, but.. I do know a lot of corn and soybean growers with no rotation that are very good farmers as well. Making good decisions is more than rotation alone.
              Anyone who farms a 2 year rotation is not a good farmer no matter what they do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...