• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haying Equipment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haying Equipment

I am in the market for a big round baler and a haybine. I would appreciate suggestions of what is good and what is not and the reasons why.

Try the round baler you are thinking of buying in dry straw or rotored straw if it bales well buy it. I bought a JD 530 and should have bought a NH 660

Comment

Thanks for the word of advice.

Comment

I use a 535 and love it,so much I personally would not look at anything else.It does an excellent jod and is super easy to fix being the bearings are on hex shafts and on the OUTSIDE of the baler.A large cattle operation in the area who used New Holland balers for many many years just traded their 688's for 567's.

I was also recently in the market for a mower conditioner.I ended up buying a Macdon 5020 partly because we could interchange wobble boxes from the grain header if need be,and partly because I intend on cutting hemp fibre and felt the steel rollers would be better suited to the job than rubber ones.I also like the fact that if need be you can lift the machine which seperates the rollers to help force through a wad.I know little about these machines but when I was looking was told that the New Hollands are also a fine machine.Look at them all and see what suits YOUR situation best.Good luck.

Comment

I use a NH 1475 haybine and I don't know if there is another any better..a way better than the JD and bit better then the Hesston we had. Balers, well there are all farely good. The JD use at least 11 patents from Hesston. I liked the stuffer better on the JD.But this year we have traded our Hesston and are trying a CaseIH RBX 562 or NH with the wide pickup and stuffer. If you are going to bale behind a roto combine then buy a baler with a stuffer. Nothing can touch them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...