• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS Guidance Systems

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS Guidance Systems

We are interested in purchasing a guidance system for setting out beds and rows on our vegetable farm. We do about 150 acres of fresh vegetables and setting fields out that are straight and parallel pays big with spraying, irrigating and harvesting. John Deere has a system for their tractors and there are other independants that seem to come and go. I would like to know what is the real accuracy and reliablity of the indicators. Which ones are the easiest to use and things to watch for when buying one.
    LetusRus

GPS is wonderful! have used the Deere system for 2 years now, very happy with the accuracy and reliable signal. We had a Spray Coupe that we used it in, the adapter harness was easy to install.
    If you want to document your operations with it the Feild Doc program that works with Greenstar system is very good. The system is pricey compared to others, but the differential signal is the most reliable

Comment

Beeline has a system that seems to be fairly good and if you want - 4 inches you can get into it for about $16000 US, if you want greater accuracy you are up into the $45000 US (auto steer). We have used the JD and Trimble but I don't think I would be getting to carried away with marking out with them as the tolerances are not there with out a land based correction.Would like to here from some more people out there on this because it would sure reduce the fatigue factor in planting and spraying.

Comment

Trimble makes a nice field guidance
        system. Case/IH sells them easy to
        use, can be moved to different
        tractors, etc. About $5,000 if memory
        serves. We bought one this year for
        spraying and land rolling, I guess
        you might have different
        requirements farming vegetables. It
        can be fitted with a differential
        receivor though to increase the
        accuracy.

Comment

Trimble has a great system, for guidance. I've used it for planting rows of trees. There are different levels of receivers and options. E-mail me for more info. w.fisher @ sk.sympatico.ca

Comment

I have been on the Trimble web site and find it to be quite comprensive. Cultiva by Precision Farming has gotten some good comment. I was at the machinery show in Amsterdam before Christmas and it was promoted there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...