• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

john deere BS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

john deere BS

yesterday afternoon about an hour after hurshes colum on the radio about equiptment going down for the weekend this happened on my 9650
    A bearing on the shoe auger went out
    This bearing has a sticker in it saying 400hrs. the mecanic at JD says I sould be doing it every day. I do it probably once a week and if I miss it it would get it the next week still 200 hrs before it sould need it.
    What do I do?
    who do I hold responable for this BS myself because I did not ignore the engineers, or the engineers at JD for overselling a product.

Replace the damm thing, if that is a big problem for you then you have very little problems.

Comment

kamichel
      its not the biggest problem in the world just the biggest of that day.
      I just get frustrated when one does exactly whats asked of for maintenance, maybe even above and beyond. yet it still breaks down and the mechanic implies that it's my fault.

agreed if it was that was my biggest problem I would be in trouble, but sometimes its the little things that add up.

Comment

How about being stopped for 5 and 1/2
        days because the fan went thru the rad and the air to air rad. Only 600 hours on my 2388 and the bolts that held the fan to block got loose and finally broke free. Nothing $6- 7000 can't fix. If you have one of these combines check the bolts. Still waiting on Case IH to see if maybe they might help pay.
        Four metric bolts approx 5/16 thru 7/16 holes in hub does not seem right to hold fan assembly on.

Comment

Hey I changed to something there on my 2188 last year on the fan assembly when my water pump went out. Some sort of upgrade. If it saves a rad core and a couple days down time then it is was worth it. Hey we are just 1/6 done here.

Comment

Mustard how do you get to 6 to 7 thousand dollars on a rad recore job? I have not checked my books to be exact but the upgrade to the fan mount was maybe a few hundred and the Rad recore on my 2188 was approx. 1500 with same day service at Saskatoon Radiator. Total my repair time was little more than one day with driving the rad 2 hours to Saskatoon. Of course your combine was repaired in the field so could add a few extra hours time. And you have a few more parts to pay for like the fan and another Rad.

Comment

Karmichel rad damaged too much to do recore as was air to air rad. Looked for used ,found one at wreckers in Alta for $1500 but it needed recoring,which is when 1600 ,so $3100 plus running to Alta then to Regina to do recore, New rad $3300

The new air to air is $2100 -used was $1600 plus travel to Alberta etc. I went for new as the price difference was enough between new and used.
              You add on the new fan ,the pulleys,belts ,support bracket , it adds up. My son and I did the work ,waiting on getting some of the pulleys took the time .Broke down late thurs nite got going wed morning. A pulley coming out of Alberta never did show (lost in Calgary bus terminal we think) so got it from the states.

Comment

Any ways finished harvest more or less(still waiting on 25 acres of desi chickpeas due to kochia- reglone slow to work these days- Hoping you fellow north of here can get finished shortly

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...