• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shank mounted packers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shank mounted packers

Has anybody used these? Whats the best type? What width of openner are you using?

I have used K-Hart for 3 years with satisfactory results; I have a Case 8100 which is a Morris 8900 with 12" spacing and 1" knives. I deepband fertilizer in the fall (without the packers) and seed in the spring with the packers. I am in heavy clay (Regina ) and therefore use the narrow packer (2"). If soil moisture (surface) is high I am prepared to wait an hour to avoid buildup. The seeding results are comparable to any airdrill.

Comment

Is a 1 inch knife suffeciant enough with 12 inch spacing ie do you get any seed spread? How about swathing any problem there?

Comment

We use a 1" knife on 10". It results in very little seed spread. If the crop to be swathed is short we have found it better to swath across the rows. This has only been the case a few times with short strawed barley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...