• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD 530 Baler ???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD 530 Baler ???

I went to the JD website and from what I can tell JD knows they have a problem with allot of their balers.
    Finally today I have gotten my baler to start marking bales for me (the freezing temperatures and falling snow must have helped) I left in the wind guard rack and went slowly sidways across some swaths. This put the barley stocks sidways into the baler instead of head first or bottoms first, after crossing 3 swaths or so it would start spinning the bale, then I would head back to taking the swaths normally. This really worked good I made about 25 bales this way today, to bad the bales were barly dry.
    Had me pretty upset paying $11,000 for a baler that won't make bales when there is nothing mechanically wrong with it. If my dealer would have let me demo it or rent it for a day things would have been different. I figure this baler not working for me cost me this yr. easily $25,000 Only 100 acres to go. Someweeks its hard being a JD man.

I here ya! We bought a 530 baler last year, was ready to drive it off the coulee bank. Our old NH 851 looked pretty good to me. We replaced some teeth and were tempted to do the belts until we found out that the new 566's were having trouble too. Accepted the fact that it was too dry last year to bale with a JD, this year have only made 20 straw bales no problem so far.

Comment

just so everybody doesent get down on jd balers all the other balers have trouble baling short dry barley, some can make a bale but falls apart when the try to ty it, or they make abale and then cant get it tied because to much material falls out and plugs the throat, just a fact of the conditions.

Comment

After I gave up on my 530 JD I used my neighbours 640 NH & made 600 nice bales only problem is a 640 baler makes bales to small to truck very well 4' x 5' Going to try putting on the starter roller the tape that is used on skate boards and on top of fuel tanks for foot traction. That starter roller gets to smooth to spin the crop. But that will be next year.

Comment

We had trouble with our 530 the same thing. We tried something this year that worked. We put the long pickup teeth in. I think they are 1.5 inches longer and after we did that we did not have anymore problems.

Comment

I read your message with interest. Are JD baleers made by Hesston, there sure seem to be a lot of similarities. I have a Hesston and have had problems starting bales in green feed oats that was very tall. For me the problem was reduced when I started the bale by going very slow to allow the long straw to start turning, after the bale startes turning I could travel as fast as I wanted. I also baled very dry straw and had to drive slow when the straw was really thick so that I would not plug the pickup. Other wise all was well.

Lorne

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...