• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD 530 baler is barley green feed ?????????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD 530 baler is barley green feed ?????????

How do I get it to start a bale? All it wants to do is bunch up. I have tried removing the wind guard, running the tractor everywhere from 1200 rpm to 2200 rpm raising the pick-up higher, lowering the hydraulic bale density valve. Nothing works should have bought a 660 NH

if possible bale when it is tough, this can help alot but limits the amount of time you can bale. sometimes the bale will not start to roll this can be from older worn belts that dont have as much grip and wont turn slick dry feed. sometimes if it won't start spit it out and pick up the wad you spit out and it may start turning then. just always keep the rpms slow 13-1400 and go as fast as it will feed if it is light i go as fast as 8mph. the wind guard can be left in the only time you will need remove it is if to much material builds up on top of it, and how many teeth are on you wind guard, i have gone down to 4 teeth evenly spaced across the bar this help alot last year in dry straw it allowed the material to fall through easier but still helped it feed ok.

Comment

I had a look at my belts and they look ok. JD is going to bring out a 535 & maybe a 566. I think the 566 pickup is a copy of New Hollands...short augers at the sides and a feeder finger system after the pick up teeth.

Comment

If the crop was cut with a swather and unconditioned it can be harder to bale. Some people say they have better luck to pick swath up the opposite way it was cut.

Comment

sorry but the newholland is the one copying the pickup. deere has had this pickup for a couple of years now. the 566 probably will work as it has heavier teeth and has worked better .

Comment

I have used a 430 JD baler for years. It is the same as the 530 only not as wide.
            I have also had problems feeding greenfeed and straw. My problem was smooth belts and I was missing a few pick up teeth. Corrected that and have never looked back.

Comment

We have used a 530 baler, that we bought 2nd hand, for years now, baling over 700 bales/year. We had problems this past harvest (again) for baling the barley straw. The biggest problem was that the pickup would plug up whenever you get close to a full bale, forcing us to dump it untied. It would also sometimes not feed in at all. The only real solution was baling when it was tough. Putting that bar just infront of the pickup back on helped some by preventing it from rolling. The wheat and oat straw didn't cause any problems, just the barley, probably from it laying in the swath for so long during the wet weather.

Comment

You may check if your baler has been changed to long pickup teeth. These arn't much longer but push the material a little farther into the bale chamber.Also new straight teeth work better than worn bent ones.

Comment

Yes a tune up of the pickup will help. We have a older JD 535 and straw was a problem, we replaced all of the pickup teeth with the longer ones (they hit the twine arms when they are near the center of the bale but cause no problem) put in a few new stripers straightend a few more along with some other tin and things improved 100%. You still have to bale like the first answer, tougher is better and watch carefully untill the density gauge is up.

Comment

Here is a webpage that I found that you might all find appropriate. Can anyone tell me how big of a bale a JD 375 might make?

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ag/servicesupport/tips/hayforage/ottumwa-round-baler-baling-short-dry-slick-crops.html

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...