• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugged Unloading Auger on A85 Gleaner

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple and easy to set combines. No harder on fuel then any other out there! Lot less compaction in the fields with a gleaner compared to the other colors.

Comment

We had the "red" version and now have the "yellow" version of that Gleaner....

tstep, I wasn't comparing it to any other brand in fuel consumption but a general statement. If we put in a real big day the fuel truck has to show up....

Comment

I've done similar with seed treating auger. Slow full and wet doesn't work. And don't think you're gonna wash anything out. Ha. Keeps swelling.
        I've drilled holes in tubing every foot to clean out
        So I believe the story. Lucky she didn't pull apart.

Comment

Haha I don't class those red ones or new yellow ones as a gleaner. Gleaner is the one and only with the rotor running across the combine for a Natural flow. Not turning the crop to a length wise rotor. Takes a lot of power to turn that crop or divide and turn. I don't even class the A series Gleaner as a Gleaner. That is the old White technology. Same as the red and yellow.

Comment

I would have been beside myself doing what they attempted and succeeded doing....

Maybe a large portable industrial air compressor hose could have been wormed in from either end with a grain vac there to help pull out the grain. Maybe wouldn't have worked or been slow and tedious but get some out of both ends and ????

Thank goodness it worked and everything/body is okay. This horse is dead now...

Comment

Got ya, tstep.....

Comment

Lesson learned, no slow speed on tough grain. We were desperate, there was no turning back. The grain was so tight in there and likely swelling by the minute. It took all the force that caterpuller could muster - just glad we never pulled it off the combine. That auger is one thick, strong auger but it should have at least one clean out. Do these engineers think these augers don't plug? We even thought about cutting a hole, after 2 days of sunshine gone. Alls well that ends well.

Comment

Thanx for the help everybody. When shit happens, its just good to know someone out there wants to help out if they can. Yesterday a 810 graincart was delivered to the field. Now we have something else to get stuck with. This is new ground for us and we are scratching our heads, believe me.

Comment

My wife making beetniks for the crew today.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...